Salient facts are hard to come by for a fantasy author’s life. Much to my own disappointment, I’ve never slain a dragon. In fact, I’ve never even been near one, because if I had, I’d have been much more likely to start a petition to save the dragon and point out that cars produce more greenhouse gases than the last remaining dragon roost. My grasp on magic is tenuous at the best of times, and my sword fighting skills don’t extend past a bit of fencing.
Even with all of this in mind, I am still just as qualified to bring you a fantasy world as any other writer in the world (minus a linguistics degree and being involved in a world war or two).
So with no genre affirming facts, here’s me:
- I am, of course, a fan of reading. Fantasy and sci-fi are my favoured poison.
- Shockingly, I kind of like writing too.
- I am a trained saddler (leather, but for horses).
- Tennis, fencing, and horse riding are all favourite pastimes.
- Board games, computer games, and miniature wargaming are all great.
- I’m currently a civil servant living in Kent, a wretched hive of literary activity.